If you don’t know Ipsy is a $10 a month subscription service, created by Michelle Phan. Each month you will receive a different lovely glam bag and four to five deluxe or sample size (maybe even a full-size) products. Curated to you, by a beauty quiz you take.
For the month of July, the Ipsy glambag is by far in my top 5 favorites, and in my opinion, just the cutest bag ever. He definitely represents me and my lazy days.
This month’s theme is Over Easy…….
Tarte Cosmetics: deep dive cleansing gel – “Daily brightening face cleanser and waterproof makeup remover.
- Rainforest of the Sea™ complex: a proprietary blend of algae and marine flower extracts that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing and softening skin
- Allantoin: softens and protects, while helping to promote cell regeneration
- Provitamin B5: acts as a skin emollient and moisturizer to provide intense hydration
- Indian gooseberry extract: rich in vitamin C to help brighten skin while retaining skin’s natural moisture and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Lavender oil: soothes and tones skin”.
It’s a cleanser, nothing special. It wash my makeup off my face, and didn’t leave my skin feeling too dry. But, it’s nothing to write home about.
Ciaté London: Wonderwand Gel-kohl Eyeliner Pencil – “an eyeliner pencil that combines the creamy bendability of a kohl, with the intense, high coverage, long wearing pigment of a gel”.
It has good payoff, but needed a little work to get it jet black. It was creamy and smooth, so working it back and forth on your water line didn’t cause irritation. The smudger was okay. It got the job done, but was a little clumsy, so it took time.
Beau Gâchis® Cosmetics Illuminator Brush – “this Beau Gâchis® Cosmetics Illuminator Brush is ideal for highlighting the cheeks, brow bones, nose, and cupids bow. Made with high grade synthetic fibers, aluminum ferrules, and natural wood handles. The fibers are packed tightly for firm application yet are still soft and fluffy for smooth application of cream and powder highlight offering a diffused finish”.
This is a great brush. It picks up product nicely, and distributes it evenly. The blend ability is great. The price is even decent. I have nothing bad to say about this brush. It is definitely worth trying out more for this line.
Seraphine Botanicals: lychee + gold – “illuminating peach-gold blush with lychee & chamomile extracts / healthy glow rose-gold blush with lychee chamomile extracts / depth-enhancing plum-gold blush with lychee & chamomile extracts 99% Natural, Vegan, No Mineral Oil, No Parabens, No Phthalates, and Gluten-Free.
A multi-dimensional, versatile blush with micro gold frosting to create a subtle, shimmering flush. Specially designed to flatter all skintones with just the right balance of color and light. Infused with Lychee & Chamomile extracts for a subtle blushed luminosity, radiance and hydration”.
I love this stuff. It is a beautiful peachey pink blush with some golden shimmers (finely milled). They blend perfectly together to create a master piece on your face. If you don’t like wearing too much makeup (how much is truly too much), you don’t even need to wear highlighter with the glow this blush 😊 gives you. I think this is my new favorite blush. When this runs out I would definitely be buying this.
Nomad Cosmetics: Illuminating Highlighter in Midnight Sun
- “This summer we’re taking it #overeasy, so we’re all about that maximum glow potential with little-to-no effort. (Sorry not sorry.) That’s why we’re OBSESSED with this gorg golden highlighter that makes us look dewy AF in a flash.
- Glittery, shimmery highlighter is SO not chill. The finely-milled powder is infused with a nutrient-packed Nordic superberry for a totally natural looking, lit-from-within finish.
- Wanna go for a beach babe-tastic monochromatic glow? This golden wonder also works as an eyeshadow!”.
The little sample we receive this month, was a perfect size to try out. And, can I say it was definitely worth getting. This cute little highlighter can blind to the gods, and still look natural. But, if you just add a little, you don’t have to worry about looking like a shining robot 🤖. I absolutely love this and will be buying a full size.
Overall, was this month’s bag worth the price, yes it was. Receiving the highlighter, the blush, and the brush made my day. The moment I put these on my face (the highlighter and blush), I know that I was going to purchase full size versions of them. I am definitely glad I receive this bag. I cannot wait to try the August bag.