If you don’t know Ipsy is a $10 a month subscription service, created by Michelle Phan. Each month you will receive a different lovely glam bag and four to five deluxe or sample size (maybe even a full-size) products. Curated to you, by a beauty quiz you take.
For the month of March, the Ipsy glambag is absolutely stunning, and in my opinion, the perfect transition to spring. It represents a new beginning. And, looks like a cute chic hand clutch. This looks like the beginning of a beautiful glambag.
This month’s theme is Très Jolie…….
What I will be receiving:
Neogen Coconut Milk Pure Mild Cleanser –
- As if we need more reasons to heart coconut oil, in cleanser form it softens, brightens, and hydrates skin.
- This formula transforms from creamy to sudsy! We’re pretty much addicted to washing our face because of this guy.
- It completely cleans your complexion, without leaving it feeling stripped.It works for all skin types so you and your BFFs can share when they sleep over.
Never heard of this brand before, but coconut is supposed to be the new-ish thing for skin care, so I willing to try this out and see what it could do. It has a creamy consistency and lathered up pretty nicely. After, using it, it left my skin feeling smooth, but not overly so. Overall, not bad. Would I purchase it? No, and that is only because I like my cleansers to have makeup removing properties.
Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint in Vibin –
- Vegan-friendly, this brand defines eco-chic.
- Whether you want bright and bold or nice and neutral, there’s a shade for that.
- A precision applicator makes even crazy colors easy to apply without drawing outside the lines.
- The velvet matte finish nails all of our Goldilocks criteria; neither too matte nor too glossy.
- An extra coat can change the whole look and pump up the color dramatically, always a nice option when you’re going from day to night.
Not really a fan of Tarte, however, I do love liquid lipstick. So, I am willing to give it a fair try. I shade I received was Vibin, a scarlet red. It went on opaque and smoothly. Dry down completely matte in about 10 seconds. Wear time was typical for a liquid lipstick for me, about 5 hours without eating or heavily drinking and about 4-ish hours with (not including greasy substances). And, about as drying on the lips as any other liquid lipstick. Overall, not one of my favorites, but it wasn’t bad. I only didn’t like that it had a sheen to it. Would I purchase it? No, but I would use it if someone bought/gave it to me.
Skone Cosmetic Luxe Pro Blending Brush –
- These super luxe synthetic bristles are not only cruelty-free, they’re also insanely soft.
- Fun fact: The brand name means beauty in Afrikaans.
- Gotta’ heart the rose gold accents. So chic!
First, it’s soft. Second, it’s workable. I was able to blend out my eyeshadow quite nicely with it, but I had to really work with it. In the end, I ended up using it as a highlighter brush. Now that, it can do wonders with. Overall, it did what it was supposed to do so I cannot fault it on that. But, would I purchase it? Yes, but only for a highlighter brush.
Ouai Treatment Masque –
Created by Jen Atkin (who coifs every it girl, supermodel, and some of our Creator squad), the whole line is meant to streamline and simplify haircare product shopping. FINALLY.
You only need to use this mask once to see the results, namely smoother, softer hair.
Keratin and amino acids add back strength and prevent damage.
- The scent is beyond. More like perfume than a hair product.
I am always on the hunt for new hair treatments. So, when I received this one, I was torn. I have a lot of hair, natural hair at that. This sample size is only about 1 (maybe 1 & half if I push it) treatment for me and you can really see anything in one go. However, I will say that my hair did feel a little softer after using it. But, who knows it could be the placebo effect. Overall, hair samples SUCK!!!!! Would I purchase it? No, I wasn’t able to really see if it could do anything for my hair first.
Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow in Marisa –
The shimmery rose color may look more like a blush, but is insanely pretty on lids. Try it alone (just add a little mascara) for a daytime look or with winged out liner for girly-glam vibes.
We heart dual-purpose powders! This one goes on dry for a more natural and subdued effect or wet for amped up drama.
- Our Creators are obsessed with how this powder formula glides right on without caking or creasing.
I love their lipsticks. So, when I got this in my bag, I was excited to try it. And, surprise, surprise, it showed up on my eyes exactly like the beautiful color you see in the pan. And, when you use Fix + (or something like it), the color is even more vibrant. It blended like a dream, without blending away. But, one small setback, it didn’t have very long lasting power (on me). About 2 & half hours before it started to fade without any medium (like Fix +). Overall, gorgeous colors with great bendability, period. Would I purchase it? Yes, I would like to try out different colors and see if all of them last the same. Maybe, this one was a little too close to my skin tone.
Was the March Ipsy Glambag worth the price? Yes, very much so. Even though the brush didn’t fulfill its intend purpose, I am greatly enjoying it for another reason. And, I can always find a purpose for the liquid lipstick, it actually looks amazing in pictures. While I wish the eyeshadow lasted longer, beggers cannot be choosers.
Stay tuned for Aprils review.