I know I’m late to the party, however, I wanted to touch down on this subject. The Everlasting Flash program launching online at Sephora by Kat Von D.
Kat Von D is one of my all-time favorite makeup artists and her brand speaks volumes to me. So, when I heard that she will be launching a new monthly program with Sephora that will allow you to snag new limited edition products before they hit stores. If you haven’t heard about this program, basically, instead of waiting for the official release date of the brand-new lipstick (any makeup item I think), Sephora customers will be able to buy the brand-new product each month! It will start on January 4th, 2016 and will run every first Wednesday of the month, with the Limited Edition Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Sanctuary starting us off and run for 48 hours thereafter until sold out.
The Everlasting Flash program comes with its own set of pros and cons, for a different set of people. For instance, I am a broke college student who finds unique ways to feed my makeup addiction, i.e. I mostly just cry to 1 of my 12 brothers and they normally give in. However, that doesn’t mean I get everything I want. One con for me would be that even though I know that every first Wednesday of the month that Sephora will have something new, it doesn’t mean I will be able to purchase it, especially because “due to its special nature, this limited-edition product is in very high demand and may sell out quickly”. But, that may also be a pro for those with jobs or have someone who can pay for that product every month. Nonetheless, I will say that the knowing in itself is a pro in my book.
So far, it all sounds quite interesting. I am just wondering if it will only be her “liquid” lipstick, or if we might get to have a chance at one of her future feature eyeshadow palettes.
Also, for those who miss out on purchasing Sanctuary, don’t worry, it will be back officially January 24, 2016, at katvond.com and sephora.com. You should also check out her swatches for her other new 24 shades.
A Closer Look: 25 New Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks
As of late last year, Kat Von D has been hinting about the new shades for her Everlasting Liquid Lipstick collection that she was going to be releasing. And now, we finally get to see those shades.
Here is a closer look at each shade and some fun facts (as told by Ms. Von D herself):
- ZERO: pale cement grey, named after @ashkittty kitty cat.
- DAGGER: cool, dusty grey/periwinkle.
- WOOLF: deep stone grey, inspired by one of my favourite poets, Virginia Woolf.
- PLAN 9: this is the Everlasting version of our famous Studded Kiss deep seafoam green lipstick.
- DREAMER: neon aqua.
- BLUE BLOODED: the most luscious royal blue.
- ROXY: this existing shade will be released in full-size in Feb/March.
- K-DUB: named this beautiful soft/neon berry after a woman I look up to in many ways: Kristin Walcott. Pre-launching 4/20.
- RUBENS: neon magenta inspired by my fave master painter: Peter Paul Rubens. This shade will be limited edition, available in the Spring on katvondbeauty.com only.
- MISS ARGENTINA: maximum fuchsia, inspired Beetlejuice. Duh!
- TRAVIESA: neon fire engine red. Traviesa might as well been my nickname as a kid.
- HYPER HYPER: there’s not a bright enough emoji to describe this motherf*cker.
- LA LUPÉ: warm almond. This special shade is amazing! And yes, inspired by the famous Cuban singer!
- ÓRALE: electric pumpkin.
- MALICE: neon persimmon red – named after one of my biggest muse: @officialmalicemcmunn
- SACRED HEART: muted pumpkin.
- PLATH: so, I got production to move quicker so we could release full-size versions of this shade, coming Feb!
- XO: this limited-edition shade is already out now in the #BetterTogether collection exclusively at Sephora.
- LOVECRAFT: finally! Our beloved Studded Kiss shade will be in the Everlasting Formula! Currently, it’s available in the Everlasting Obsession vault on katvondbeauty.com.
- HAZE: romantic spin on grey/beige/greige. I dedicate this shade to @jessicahazemua.
- NOCTURNA: deepest grape.
- MUÑECA: nude petal.
- OPHELIA: nude chestnut.
- LUDWIG: nude fawn.
- SANCTUARY: nude coffee
- HAWKWIND: nude sienna.
- CRUCIFIX: deep chocolate.
***the last 6 nude shades [Muńeca, Ophelia, Ludwig, Sanctuary, Hawkwind, Crucifix] will be sold individually, and in a discounted nude-bundle in February – exclusively at Sephora!
(All pictures/post are credited to those they belong to.)